Skip to main content

Ariana

Mostly, I post things on this blog about Ella.  It was a blog created about the book, and the majority of the book is about how Ella came to be, but in truth, it's really a story about our family, so I think it's appropriate that I share about my other adorable daughter, Ariana.

Ariana is a vibrant life, to say the least.  She is passionate and dramatic about everything.  Her world is black and white, good and evil.  (which is so much like her mama)  Just to give you an idea of who this precious little person is, I'll share a few mini-stories to give you a peek into who Ariana is before sharing the real story of the day.

In the grocery store, Ari will ask every person, and I do mean e.v.e.r.y person we pass if they love Jesus.  If they say that they do love Him, Ari responds with an enthusiastic, "Yay!  Then, you get to go to Heaven too!"  And if they don't, she shares the message of salvation through her colored beaded necklace and then asks me as we're going our own way, "Do you think they'll ask Jesus into their hearts, Mom?"  Ariana has a very tender heart, so that's important to know as I share this next story.

Yesterday as we were driving, Ari saw a man walking on the sidewalk with a colorful sign that was advertizing for a local pizza shop.  Since Ari is just learning to read and hasn't dialed in on what signs actually say yet, she wasn't aware of what this man's sign said either.  This was our conversation:

Ari: Mom, I want to give that man some money
Me: Why Ari?
Ari: Well, he has a sign and I think he has no food
Me: His sign says that he's selling pizza.  That's his job, Ari, so I think that man has a house and food
Ari: Well, I think he needs some more money
Me: Do you have some to give him?
Ari: Well no, but I was thinking we could give him some of yours  :)

She just makes me smile.  But I'm so in awe of what a huge heart God has given my oldest child.  She sees need and she wants to act.  It's all she can do just to obey and keep to herself.  She makes me really think about things.  Like, if I'm teaching her that there are people in this world that need help, and then when we see those people in need, and I just say, "Oh, not this time," what am I really teaching her?  I hope that I don't ever squelch her desire to passionately care for people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer for Ella Belle

Please keep our Ella Belle in your prayers. She's been taking short, quick breaths for two days now and coughing so frequently and violently. Yesterday, her coughs were so intense that she threw up. We took her to Quick Care yesterday and the Physician's assistant urged us to go straight to the E.R. because of Ella's breathing, cough, slight fever (but she was on preventative antibiotics for her incision, so it was odd for her to be running a fever), and aches and pains in her tummy. She wanted blood tests and x-rays done to rule out infections and/or pneumonia, RSV, collapsed lung, etc... Feeling frustrated that we had just gone and spent $ at Quick Care and received no answers, we went home and called Ella's pediatrician's after-hours number and talked to the on-call nurse. She also urged us to go straight to the E.R., so we went. When we arrived and after we saw the doctor, he was so busy with a patient that was having heart troubles, that i

Trip To the Doc's

Ella's trip to the doctor today was successful.  Some of you who follow us on facebook may have read that Ella had a case of Hemotoma (a build up of blood or a pocket of fluid/blood) under the incision.  We went into Ella's new pediatrician in Meridian to have it popped and drained.  Ella actually did really well!  She was really calm as the doctor was squeezing the incision, trying to release the fluid.  While she was being poked and prodded, Ella sang and recited Bible verses, until, the doctor had no success in releasing the build-up by just pressing, so she resorted to trying to puncture the "bubble" with her surgical prongs.  At that, Ella's attention was fully on what the doctor was doing and started to wiggle and fuss for the remaining 10 or so minutes that the doctor worked and filled gauze pieces with the blood that oozed out after the pocket was popped. Trying to calm Ella down, the doctor asked Ella what her favorite Bible verse was and through te