Skip to main content

Family Vaca!

Sorry for my delinquence in keeping up this blog for the past few days, but we are on vacation right now having the time of our lives!  Updates to come next week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer for Ella Belle

Please keep our Ella Belle in your prayers. She's been taking short, quick breaths for two days now and coughing so frequently and violently. Yesterday, her coughs were so intense that she threw up. We took her to Quick Care yesterday and the Physician's assistant urged us to go straight to the E.R. because of Ella's breathing, cough, slight fever (but she was on preventative antibiotics for her incision, so it was odd for her to be running a fever), and aches and pains in her tummy. She wanted blood tests and x-rays done to rule out infections and/or pneumonia, RSV, collapsed lung, etc... Feeling frustrated that we had just gone and spent $ at Quick Care and received no answers, we went home and called Ella's pediatrician's after-hours number and talked to the on-call nurse. She also urged us to go straight to the E.R., so we went. When we arrived and after we saw the doctor, he was so busy with a patient that was having heart troubles, that i...

Remembering 2011

I can hardly believe we've arrived at the end of 2011 and are awaiting the beginning of 2012!  What a year of mixed emotions it has been!  God has lead us on a winding road of trial and blessing this year that has left us strengthened and renewed. "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12   We began 2011, snuggled up in our warm make-shift beds in the missionary house in Lima, Peru.  As we journeyed home, little did we know that 2011 did not hold a return to the mission field as we had planned, but three hip surgeries for Ella,  five full-body casts, two different wheel chairs, ten trips to Salt Lake City, and five times that Ella went under anesthesia.  And that was just Ella!   "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LOR...

If You Weren't Born...

My Dearest Ella, If you weren't born, my child, if you weren't born... If you weren't born, I wouldn't have laid alone,  in a hospital bed, like an empty drone.  My chest ripping open with lonely cries, for my husband and daughter, sobbing tragic lullabies. If you weren't born, I wouldn't have risked my life, ridiculed by the doctors, feeling endless strife. Day by day they looked on me, with disgust-filled eyes, and some pit-y. If you weren't born, I wouldn't have been in pain, back aching from my frozen position, always the same. I thought if I moved, it might tear the sack, and leak out more fluid, which you already lacked. Yes, if you weren't born, I wouldn't have had stabbing grief, attacking my gut, with no sign of relief. You see, I was told you were as good as dead, when my water broke, and my heart bled. If you weren't born, I wouldn't have had to post, ...