Skip to main content

Reminiscing on God's Joy: Pray for Baby Anna Joy

Today, my heart is aching for the Peppley family.  If you have not heard about them, they recently had a baby daughter who is currently fighting for her life (I believe in Seattle, WA).  Her parents, Matt and Alissa, have courageously kept up a blog updating everyone with Baby Anna Joy's status.  I don't want to flub up the details, so to see this family and read their story for yourselves, click here and it will take you to their blog. 

Hearing about what they are going through, staring at walls, waiting, wondering if their little one will make it, takes me back to the many days that we did that very thing, wondering if Ella would come out alive.  I can feel the tears start to reach the brims of my eyes, the disgusting feeling of helplessness and nausea rising in my chest and inexplicable sorrow coating my entire body.  Waiting to find out if your baby is going to make it, a baby that you've fallen madly in love with, one that you've prayed over, cried over, stood stoically by when bad news after bad news is delivered, a baby you've carefully inspected so as not to miss a single detail so that it can be burned into your memory just in case...

But what a mighty God we serve, who is faithful and just!  And just like Matt Peppley said in his latest blog post, "After all is said and done, no matter the outcome of this whole situation, I'll still trust God. I won't have all the answers, and never will. Heck, I'll probably forget to ask Him those questions when I get to heaven (provided He allows me access...) because I won't care anymore. So for now, I'll just sit back, enjoy the time I have with my cute daughter, and savor each moment I can - just in case her life will end in a short amount of time."  GOD IS GOOD.  Reflecting back at our journey with Ella, there have been times that Cal and I have plead with God to let us keep her, but knew that if He decided to take her home, she'd be whole and well and in the perfect arms of Jesus.  Sometimes, even now, I feel so selfish having her here.  But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that each second of everyday that God blesses us with children like these, they are glorifying GOD and bringing others to their knees in prayer!  I can't imagine a more meaningful purpose in life than that!!

I guess now, I'm just rambling.  It's just that this story takes me back.  Makes me feel things I haven't felt in a very long time.  It's been hard to look at their blog.  Hard to read about the things they are going through and know that the road ahead is a long one.  But as I remember...I am comforted.  I knew, even in the darkest nights - the night, especially that they told us that there was nothing more they could do for Ella, that she wouldn't make it, I was not alone.  Not only was I not alone, but I had JOY!  What an suiting name for this new little baby, Anna JOY! 

For we serve a God of miracles!  And a God that cares and a God that longs to save us! Even if the outcome is not life here on earth, it is LIFE ETERNAL!!!

Jesus, thank you!  Thank you for this opportunity to serve you, to be used by you and to lead others to you!  I would not change a thing!  Not one second.


2 Peter 3:9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.




2 Timothy 2:10So I patiently accept all these troubles so that those whom God has chosen can have the Salvation that is in Christ Jesus.  With that Salvation comes glory that never ends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer for Ella Belle

Please keep our Ella Belle in your prayers. She's been taking short, quick breaths for two days now and coughing so frequently and violently. Yesterday, her coughs were so intense that she threw up. We took her to Quick Care yesterday and the Physician's assistant urged us to go straight to the E.R. because of Ella's breathing, cough, slight fever (but she was on preventative antibiotics for her incision, so it was odd for her to be running a fever), and aches and pains in her tummy. She wanted blood tests and x-rays done to rule out infections and/or pneumonia, RSV, collapsed lung, etc... Feeling frustrated that we had just gone and spent $ at Quick Care and received no answers, we went home and called Ella's pediatrician's after-hours number and talked to the on-call nurse. She also urged us to go straight to the E.R., so we went. When we arrived and after we saw the doctor, he was so busy with a patient that was having heart troubles, that i

Trip To the Doc's

Ella's trip to the doctor today was successful.  Some of you who follow us on facebook may have read that Ella had a case of Hemotoma (a build up of blood or a pocket of fluid/blood) under the incision.  We went into Ella's new pediatrician in Meridian to have it popped and drained.  Ella actually did really well!  She was really calm as the doctor was squeezing the incision, trying to release the fluid.  While she was being poked and prodded, Ella sang and recited Bible verses, until, the doctor had no success in releasing the build-up by just pressing, so she resorted to trying to puncture the "bubble" with her surgical prongs.  At that, Ella's attention was fully on what the doctor was doing and started to wiggle and fuss for the remaining 10 or so minutes that the doctor worked and filled gauze pieces with the blood that oozed out after the pocket was popped. Trying to calm Ella down, the doctor asked Ella what her favorite Bible verse was and through te