Skip to main content

Answered Prayer

Thanksgiving coats my heart today as I think of those who have lifted our family in prayer to the throne of God!  I have been feeling so much better with only a few lagging symptoms and Ella has shown great signs of good-health as well.  Since having the swallow-study done several weeks ago and starting with thickened drinks, Ella's breathing problems have improved significantly.  She saw her pediatric cardiologist last week, who performed an EKG and reported that Ella's heart is doing well and that there are no signs of pulmonary hypertension that can typically go along with aspirating.  Praise Jesus!  We rejoice today for a God who is good and who cares about our deepest and even smallest needs!  Praise Him! 
And thank you for your prayers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Weren't Born...

My Dearest Ella, If you weren't born, my child, if you weren't born... If you weren't born, I wouldn't have laid alone,  in a hospital bed, like an empty drone.  My chest ripping open with lonely cries, for my husband and daughter, sobbing tragic lullabies. If you weren't born, I wouldn't have risked my life, ridiculed by the doctors, feeling endless strife. Day by day they looked on me, with disgust-filled eyes, and some pit-y. If you weren't born, I wouldn't have been in pain, back aching from my frozen position, always the same. I thought if I moved, it might tear the sack, and leak out more fluid, which you already lacked. Yes, if you weren't born, I wouldn't have had stabbing grief, attacking my gut, with no sign of relief. You see, I was told you were as good as dead, when my water broke, and my heart bled. If you weren't born, I wouldn't have had to post, ...

Breathing Easier

Update on Ella: Ella has continued to wheeze mildly for the past day and a half since being on her inhaler and steroids, but her cough has loosened up significantly. She did, however wake up this morning with a runny eye and endless nose-bleed, but those have both since stopped "running". We saw Ella's pediatrician again today and she said that she still hears some wheezing, but that Ella seems to be improving. We'll keep her on her oral steroid for a few more days to make sure she is processing sufficient oxygen and then once that's out, we'll go to a daily inhaler. The doctor also wants to move forward on trying to schedule a swallow study to make sure that Ella is not taking fluid into her lungs when she's drinking. There is a slight chance that we may have to have the study done in Salt Lake because her Ear Nose and Throat doc is there, but we'll see. All in all, Ella is doing much better and we are so thankful that she's br...

Prayer for Ella Belle

Please keep our Ella Belle in your prayers. She's been taking short, quick breaths for two days now and coughing so frequently and violently. Yesterday, her coughs were so intense that she threw up. We took her to Quick Care yesterday and the Physician's assistant urged us to go straight to the E.R. because of Ella's breathing, cough, slight fever (but she was on preventative antibiotics for her incision, so it was odd for her to be running a fever), and aches and pains in her tummy. She wanted blood tests and x-rays done to rule out infections and/or pneumonia, RSV, collapsed lung, etc... Feeling frustrated that we had just gone and spent $ at Quick Care and received no answers, we went home and called Ella's pediatrician's after-hours number and talked to the on-call nurse. She also urged us to go straight to the E.R., so we went. When we arrived and after we saw the doctor, he was so busy with a patient that was having heart troubles, that i...